ETA Visa Australia
Australian Government Approved ETA Visa Processor
:: Apply Here
Apply Here
Check ETA
:: ETA Visa Info
What Is An ETA Visa ?
How Does An ETA Work ?
Which Countries Can Apply ?
Passport Requirements
ETA Conditions
Family Services
Types of ETA Available
Multiple ETA Applications
ETA Extensions
ETA Costs
Secure Payments
:: Other Australian Visas
Working Holiday Visa Australia
Business Visa Australia
Visitors Visa Australia
Tourist Visa Australia
Holiday Visa Australia
Conference ETA Visas
Exhibition ETA Visas
Australia Visa
:: Australian Hotels
Hotel Accomodation Australia
:: Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance
:: Misc
About Us
Contact Us


Frequently Asked Questions About The Australian ETA Visa.


isa or ETA?

If you apply for an ETA and the system determines that you already have a current visa or ETA with a longer period of stay than the ETA you are applying for, or the current visa or ETA has work rights or residency rights, the application will not be processed. There will be no charge for this application.

8. What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?

Once an application has been submitted and processed, and the credit card payment has been processed, you cannot cancel the transaction and the payment cannot be refunded. It is important that you are very careful when you type in your personal details.

You will have an opportunity to review all the details you have provided on your screen and can change the details at any time until you confirm all details as correct.

If you have made an error, it is important that you correct it before proceeding. Once you have confirmed the details, your credit card will be debited. If you find out later that you have made a mistake, you MUST make a new application.

9. What can I do if my browser does not support secure protocols ?

If your browser does not support the secure protocol (HTTPS), you must update your browser. The most recent versions of commonly used browsers can be downloaded free of charge from the web sites of the suppliers.

10. How long can I stay in Australia ?

The ETA will allow you to stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit. more info

11. I am planning a holiday for more than three months in Australia. What should I do?

You will need to apply for a visa which allows for a longer stay from your nearest Australian visa office.

Or, Plan B is that you may be able to travel to a neighbouring country at the end of the 3 month period, like New Zealand, and then return to Australia using the same ETA Visa so long as (a) your passport is current (b) it is within 12 months since you purchased the ETA visa online.

12. What conditions apply to my ETA ?

The conditions applying to ETAs are:

  • Your passport must be valid
  • You hold an ETA-eligible passport.
  • You must be outside Australia to apply for an ETA.
  • Your visit to Australia is for:
    • Tourism,
    • Visiting relatives,
    • Business meetings, or
    • A convention or conference.
  • You will not work in Australia.
  • You will not stay in Australia for more than three months.
  • You are in good health (including free from tuberculosis).
  • You have no criminal convictions.
  • You use the ETA within twelve months, or before the expiry date of your current passport (whichever comes first).

See the full list of Australian ETA Eligibility Conditions here.

You should note that you must not overstay your visit to Australia, that is, you must depart Australia before your authorised stay period expires. If you do not, Australian law requires that you be detained and/or removed from Australia. Overstaying may also affect your ability to acquire another Australian visa, including an ETA, in the future.

Where exceptional circumstances arise while you are in Australia, on an ETA, that require you to stay longer than three months, you must obtain another visa from an Australian visa office in Australia before the end of the three month visit period.

Failure to do so may leave you an as an illegal alien in Australia, so please fix this before your ETA expires.

13. How do I arrange ETAs for my children ?

Each child will need an ETA.

If they have their own passport, simply get 1 ETA Visa per child on the applicable passport.

If they are travelling on one of the parents passports.

You need to enter the passport details exactly as for the parent, replacing the name, date of birth, sex and country of birth with the children's details as they appear in the passport. See more info here on the Family ETA's page.

14. I am in Australia on another visa. Can I apply for an ETA to have a holiday here?

No. You can only apply for an ETA when you are outside Australia.